Sunday, March 10, 2013

Not for the faint of heart!

So you know how you walk into a store and see all those very cute holiday decorations? Do you ever find yourself thinking "I can do that and for cheaper too."? Well thats what I say all the time. And I even try to think of ways to improve it as well. Well this is one of those kinda projects. I saw a very similar decoration at JoAnns and really wanted it. It was all purply eggs and vines and so cute. But it cost $30. I just couldn't see how a bunch of styrofoam could cost that much. So I thought to myself "I can do that" and spend less money. So that is what I did except spend less money. It actually did cost just about $30. But mine is just so much cuter!! And made of plastic eggs instead of styrofoam. But... Filling in all the gaps with that grass was a NIGHTMARE! I absolutly hated it. I even tried to pass it off to my sister who did for all of 5 mins and was done. I even thought about giving up and not finishing. plus it was really starting to look sad. But I didn't and continued to fill in all that grass. Once I'd finished it, it had axtually turned out so cute! And then I decided it needed an easter topper to complete it. And that bunny is my favorite part! I just love the adorable things I can make on my cricut! And they add that extra super special nic-nack!

No comments:

Post a Comment